Co-Ax® Reloading Press
The Co-Ax® Reloading Press is currently in very high demand.
Please be aware that we are manufacturing and shipping our tools as quickly as we can. Some products are back ordered, so delivery will take longer than usual. Place your order now to reserve yours. It will be worth the wait.
|028271||Co-Ax® Reloading Press (supplied with "S" Jaws)|
|001251||LS Lower Shellholder Jaws for Co-Ax® Reloading Press (see calibers in accompanying chart)|
|001231||S Lower Shellholder Jaws for Co-Ax® Reloading Press (see calibers in accompanying chart)|
No need to complicate the reloading process. Our Co-Ax® Reloading Press keeps it simple while still delivering famous Forster precision.
The Forster Co-Ax® Reloading Press comes with several unique features that help make it truly one of a kind, including:
Forster Co-Ax® Loading Press
- Snap-in and snap-out die changing. You can actually change from sizer die to seater die in two seconds!
- A positive spent primer catcher system which passes all spent primers and dirty carbon through a tube and into a container. That helps keep all working parts free of dirt and abrasives.
- Dual floating guide rods to help ensure perfect alignment.
- Because there is absolutely no torque on the head of the Co-Ax® Reloading Press, long life is the rule rather than the exception. Due to the design of the linkage and pivots, all forces are in equilibrium whether the press is at maximum work load or at rest.
- Our Co-Ax® Reloading Press has three times the mechanical advantage of an ordinary “C” press. It’s so effortless, full length sizing can actually be accomplished by operating the handle of the press with the little finger! There’s no pain but plenty of gain.
- The Co-Ax® Reloading Press delivers perfect alignment of the die and the case because the shell holder jaws are designed to float with the die, thereby permitting the case to center precisely in the die.
- With no frame supports or swinging primer arms to interfere or cause an obstruction, the Co-Ax® Reloading Press provides plenty of elbow room for both right handed or left handed operators.
- The Co-Ax® Reloading Press accepts any standard 7/8″ X 14 reloading die, some with existing locking rings. We recommend Forster Cross Bolt Die Lock Rings.
- The unique top priming device seats primers to factory specifications. The seater is always at right angles to the case head. Primers will not flip or tip. They will be seated straight, level and at a uniform distance below the case head. Primers cannot be crushed, nor will they protrude from the case head and cause premature firing.
- The top of the stroke provides a rock solid stop for consistency.
Our Co-Ax® Shell Holder Jaws Are Your Assurance Of Perfect Alignment.
When we originally tested our unique shell holder design, we full length sized two-hundred once-fired 300 H&H Magnum cases dry and unlubricated. We neither pulled the rims off the cases nor did we stick a case in the die. The heads of the cases and rims were unmarked by the shell holder jaws because the shell holder actually floats and permits the cartridge case to find its exact center in the die. (Don’t try this at home, though! We do suggest that you use lube.)
When a case is in the shell holder it’s supported by spring loaded jaws which contact the base of the cannulure for more positive extraction. The shell holder is also self acting, so when a cartridge is placed in the die and the handle of the press is activated, the jaws can open and close on the cartridge case. When the handle is raised, the jaws automatically open and release the case.
Our Special Co-Ax® Reloading Press Priming System Helps Guarantee Consistent Performance.
Proper priming is one of the most critical operations in the reloading process. In order for your ammunition to perform efficiently, consistent ignition is absolutely mandatory. For that reason, we paid special attention to the priming function in the design of our Co-Ax® Reloading Press. The primer seater in our press is engineered with such precision that no excessive tolerance or “slop” is required in any of the mating parts. The primer seater moves freely in its channel with only .001″ radial clearance as opposed to the customary 1/16″ clearance required by most other presses. As illustrated in the two drawings of enlarged views of our primer post, the extremely tight tolerance delivers remarkably consistent seating depth time after time.
Fig.1: Dimension “A” is greater than dimension “B” by .005″. Fig. 2: When force is applied to the guide block of the press, the bottom of the primer cup stops against the base of the primer post. The top of the primer cup stops against the head of the cartridge case. Because the primer punch is longer than the cup by .005″, the primer will always be seated .005″ below the head of the case. Regardless of the variation in the dimension of the shell holder or the amount of force used in seating the primer, it is impossible to crush a primer pellet or vary the seating depth.
A Primer On Primer Seating
The following three drawings illustrate the critical nature of accurate primer seating.
Illus. 1: IMPROPERLY SEATED – This primer is improperly seated, preventing the cups of the primers from resting solidly on the bottom of the primer. Some primer cups measure .120” in height, and if seated with crowns more than .004” below the case head, the anvil would be forced through the crown, rendering the primer useless.
Illus. 2: IMPROPERLY SEATED – This primer is improperly seated too high. A high primer is erratic in performance. It is also dangerous and could explode in the chamber of a rifle when the breech block closes on it before it is locked.
Illus. 3: PROPERLY SEATED – This primer is properly seated, exactly as it would be with our Co-Ax® Reloading Press. The crown is .004” below the surface of the case head; the anvils are on the bottom of the primer well; and the primer mix is properly stressed by the anvil for sensitivity. It is also much safer than either of the two seated primers shown above.
Our Primer Catcher Makes Housekeeping Easy
The Primer Catcher on our Co-Ax® Reloading Press works so well, it brings your reloading out of the basement and into the living room. With our unique system, there’s no more carbon, ground glass, spent or live primers to clutter up the floor or contaminate the working parts of your press. The Co-Ax® Reloading Press’s drop tube, which is threaded into the carrier below the shell holder, directs all spent primers and other residue into a jar below the press. The tube and the jar follow the carrier during the sizing and seating process. Simply remove the jar to empty it.
Showing all 8 results
Co-Ax® Reloading Press with “S” jawsProduct Number: 028271 $499.00 Add to cart
Short Handle for Co-Ax® PressProduct Number: SH1000 $26.50 Add to cart
Shell Holder Adapter Plate for Co-Ax® PressProduct Number: AP1000 $28.00 Add to cart
Protective Cover for Co-Ax® PressProduct Number: 028271-300 $17.00 Add to cart
“S” Lower Shell Holder Jaws for Co-Ax® PressProduct Number: 001231 $39.98 Add to cart
“LS” Lower Shell Holder Jaws for Co-Ax® PressProduct Number: 001251 $39.98 Add to cart
Small Primer Seater Assembly (replacement part) for Co-Ax® PressProduct Number: 028271-101 $19.40 Add to cart
Large Primer Seater Assembly (replacement part) for Co-Ax® PressProduct Number: 028271-102 $19.40 Add to cart